Install, configure, and use the Satmotion Pocket system to quickly and accurately point a VSAT antenna and align cross-pol.
The Integrasys Satmotion Pocket system, a combination of smartphone/PC app and special hub equipment, enables VSAT technicians to align cross-pol at any time, without requiring intervention from the Satellite Access Center or even a working phone connection. It also enables self-service P1dB testing and includes several other useful tools and functions for field technicians. In this online training course, technicians learn how to correctly install, configure, and use the Satmotion Pocket system to align a VSAT antenna. The course builds on the knowledge and skills the technician has learned in course GVF 510 (Core Skills for VSAT Installers).
Audience:All installers, field technicians, and engineers who will be working with the Integrasys Satmotion Pocket system.
Delivery:Animated & interactive HTML/Flash, self-paced, on-line format. Requires Internet access while studying the course material. High speed access is preferred but is NOT required. Student's computer must have a current browser and the current version of the Adobe Flash player (free) installed.
Tests:Each lesson contains a mandatory quiz and simulator-based skills assessments. All pages must be viewed and all quizzes and simulator tests must be passed in order to satisfactorily complete the course.
Students learn how to use Satmotion Pocket site survey tools, including look angle calculator and clearance estimator.
The fully-functional Satmotion Pocket simulator is coupled with the 3-D antenna simulator. Students practice pointing and cross-pol alignment, and are tested on their practical skills.
Interactive beam shape simulator enables students to explore the relationships between squint, antenna size and geometry, pointing method, pointing loss, and adjacent satellite interference.
- How the Satmotion system works and its hardware and software requirements.
- How to configure Satmotion pocket on Android, iPhone, and PC platforms.
- How to use Satmotion Pocket as an aid to site survey and initial antenna pointing.
- How to accurately point the antenna in azimuth and elevation using Satmotion Pocket to minimize adjacent channel interference (ASI).
- Three methods for using Satmotion Pocket to align cross-pol to better than 30 dB.
- How to use Satmotion Pocket to automatically run a P1dB calibration test.
- How Satmotion can be used to measure ASI.
- How Satmotion can be used for commissioning recordkeeping.
- Troubleshooting tips.