Intensive Hughes specific training covering Hughes HN and HX* network theory and step-by-step remote terminal installation and commissioning procedures.
Factory-authorized training covering the key aspects of how to install, commission, operate, and troubleshoot Hughes HN & HX series VSAT terminals. Animation and simulator-based interactivity are used throughout the course to explain critical skills and concepts. Topics covered include remote hardware options, approved IFL cables and connectors, web interface, commissioning processes, antenna pointing, and troubleshooting steps and tools.
Audience:This course is appropriate for engineers and field technicians who are responsible for installing and commissioning VSAT terminals with Hughes HN or HX modems, and NOC/support staff who interacting with the field technicians.
Prerequisites:GVF courses 510, 520, and 521.
Delivery:Animated & interactive HTML/Flash, self-paced, on-line format. Requires Internet access while studying the course material. High speed access is preferred but is NOT required. Student's computer must have a current browser and the current version of the Adobe Flash player (free) installed.
Tests:Each lesson contains a mandatory quiz; some lessons may also contain simulator-based skill assessments. All pages must be viewed and all quizzes and simulator tests must be passed in order to complete the course.
Certification:Students who pass this course and hold GVF Advanced VSAT Satcom Professional Certification will receive the Satcom Professional: Hughes Specialist Certification.
Reference materials included:Students may download and keep the exclusive SatProf ""Hughes Terminal Installation Handbook,"" in addition to various Hughes manuals and guides.
Practice dish pointing skills with the Hughes-specific 3-D interactive hands-on simulator.
Use real-time spectrum analyzers to learn the processes for manual and automatic cross-pol alignment.
Learn how to configure an HN or HX terminal with animated walk-throughs of the setup screens.
- Understand how the Hughes HN/HX network works
- Compare different models of HN and HX IDU’s and radios
- Identify and assemble all components in an HN and HX terminal
- Know what external user equipment can be connected to an HN or HX terminal
- Configure and activate an HN or HX terminal using Satellite-Based Configuration, with or without Automatic Cross Pol testing
- Manually configure and activate an HN or HX terminal
- Find and accurately point a typical antenna in an HN or HX terminal
- Accurately set cross-pol using three different methods
- Troubleshoot common HN and HX installation problems