Certification and recertification exam for GVF Field Technician
GVF Field Technician Certification recognizes that the holder has received thorough simulator-based online training for fixed VSAT installation and maintenance for minimum interference.
This course serves as the the final exam, and the recertification exam, for GVF-CERT-FT. To open this exam, you must have completed courses GVF 510 Ed. 2, GVF 520, and and GVF 521. When you complete this certification, you can proceed to GVF Advanced Satcom Professional certification by completing a Basic Hands On Skills Test (HOST-B).
- Exam introduction
- Quizzes from GVF 510 ed 2. Sample questions from all lessons.
- Quizzes from GVF 520. Sample questions from all lessons.
- Quizzes from GVF 521. Sample questions from all lessons.
- Equipment configuration skills tests. Block diagram skills test. Frequency setting (L-band IF). Frequency setting (70 MHz IF)
- Site preparation skills tests. Connector Termination Skills Test. Using the line of sight simulator. Line of sight skills test.
- Pointing skills tests. Pre-set pol with inclinometer. Test: az-el pointing start-to-finish.
- Cross-pol skills tests. Uplink frequency calculations skills test. Skills test: Adjust cross-pol with SAC.
If your GVF-CERT-FT certification has expired, take this exam to recertify, which will extend your certification for three years.
GVF Training Member? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to request free enrollment in this exam.
Not a GVF Training Member? Purchase this exam and email support to request one-time 30-day extension of 510 ed2, 520, and 521, if previously enrolled.
For more info, please see the FAQ page.